Friday, June 13, 2008

I need input.

I need some ideas to get my boss back for playing a joke on me. It was so mean. I have been working on sending purchase orders for some machined parts for our exoskeleton project. My boss Rick is very particular about calling vendors after I have faxed orders to them to make sure that they got them. So I have called this one guy about 10 times because I have sent him several orders at different times. Anyway, I guess this guy and my boss are in cahoots because they got me. The vendor left me a voicemail after I had sent him an order that said that I need to let Rick know that the order was not what was agreed upon. I told Rick about the message and Rick asked me to call the vendor back and explain to him "Working on the Exo project is a privilage and he needs to do what we ask of him." Well, I called the guy and asked him what the problem was and told him in the nicest way possible what my boss had said. The guy was quiet for a minute and then said "you can tell Rick that I am going to take the part that I was working on out of the machine and throw it in the garbage and he can get his parts from somewhere else." I started to sweat really hard. I called Rick up and told him what the vendor said and Rick said okay whatever. I got really upset because I was worried that I had done something wrong and I started to cry. Rick called me back a few minutes later and told me to call the vendor back and tell him that if he throws the part away that he is in breach of a government contract and blah blah blah. I told Rick that I didn't feel comfortable in saying that or with any of this and I asked if he would take over. I started to cry on the phone and then he finally told me that he was pulling my leg. Isn't that so mean? I am really embarrassed now that I started to cry. I knew in the back of my head that he was joking but I didn't want to mess up so I just did what he asked of me. Now I want revenge. Give me some ideas.

2 comments:

joel baby said...

live a good life......that's the ultimte revenge.

Big Kahuna said...

Tell him you have been contacted by a DCAA auditor regarding you knowledge of your companies fraudulent purchasing activities.