Saturday, July 12, 2008

Is it wrong to want to sell the kids??

The other day I needed to get ice for a Young Women activity. So I stopped at Walmart. First mistake. I had all three girls. Second mistake. I didn't need a cart but Kayla insisted. Third mistake. Hannah wanted to get in the basket with Kayla. Fourth mistake. I wanted to look around for a moment. Fifth mistake. (Does anyone see a pattern?) As we all know every stinkin Walmart has a McDonalds and every kid wants McDonalds and my girls are no exception. Kayla and Hannah started fighting. First mistake on their part. I told them if they didn't stop fighting they were getting NOTHING. Well, they didn't. Second mistake-once again on their part. In frustration, I headed for the check out. With nothing in the cart and still needing the ice, the girls asked why we were standing in line. I told them that I was going to sell them to Walmart. Sixth mistake. Kayla and Hannah started to cry and Hannah asked, "If they won't take us, can we still get McDonalds?" Smart girl.

2 comments:

Stacy Holmes said...

I love it! I always did like you! Sometimes the kids and shopping don't mix..did I say sometimes? I miss you guys! Hope all is well.
Stacy

Melissa said...

Yes, somedays I would like to sell my kids, heck, I would even pay someone to take them from me. Tuff luck for me though! 3 can be a handful but it sure is worth it. I hope to see ya around soon, Melissa